The Orange France Internet Offers in 2021
With a plethora of internet offers and packages in France nowadays, finding the plan that'll fit your needs and budget can prove arduous. If you settle for the provider Orange, you'll have several options to get online. From 2 broadband plans to a lower-cost options, there is a solution for everyone. Read on to find out what the French provider has to offer.
Orange's Livebox plans
Orange has 2 Livebox options, which are the provider's version of broadband hubs in France. You can choose between the Classic Livebox and the Livebox Up (formerly the Zen, Play and Jet packages) which are compatible with ADSL, VDSL and fibre optic. They are both called "Triple Play", as they come as bundles which include internet, landline phone and TV channels, making them very comprehensive and competitive offers.
The Livebox vs the Livebox Up
The prices and features presented below are subject to change and exclude seasonal promotions.
Both Livebox tariffs include a €3 charge for the device rental.
|Name of device||Livebox||Livebox Up|
|Internet||High and very high speed, up to 400Mbit/s
10GB on the Orange Cloud
|High and very high speed, up to 1Gbit/s
10GB on the Orange Cloud
240GB digital taping
|Landline||Unlimited calls to fixed-lines in France and over 100 countries||Unlimited calls to mobiles and fixed-lines in France/the DOM + to fixed-lines in 100 countries|
Up to 160 channels, 60 of which in HD
MultiTV included in the Livebox Up or €9/month with the Livebox
If you're most focused on your budget, the Livebox is your best bet, coming in at under €40 per month. But if you want more TV and fixed-line options, opt for the all-inclusive Livebox Up.
Both Liveboxes come with a 12-month commitment. Cancellation fees may be charged in the event of termination during the 12 months of commitment.
The Livebox add-ons
Orange allows you to custom your Livebox plan and add options, some of which are even free.
These are, to name just a few:
- Unlimited calls from your landline to mobile phones in France and DOM (€3/month)
- Unlimited calls from your landline to Algerian landlines (free)
- Unlimited calls from your landline Tunisian landlines (free)
- 10h of calls to mobile phones and landlines in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh (€9.99/month)
- "Stop Secret" option which identifies hidden calls (€1/month)
- Premium call forwarding (€2/month)
- Display of the caller's name on your phone (€2.30/month)
- Presentation of the number calling you (€1.50/month)
- Call transfer (€1.50/month)
- Notification that someone is calling you while you're already on the phone for (€1.50/month)
- The Tranquillity services pack, which includes the name display, Stop Secret and notification options (€4/month)
- 80GB TV recorder (€4/month)
- Multi TV (€9/month)
The low-cost internet option : the Sosh hub
For students or those who are very budget-conscious, Orange's low-cost brand Sosh is a great option, as it provides inexpensive, commitment-free broadband plans. The Sosh hub is available for ADSL and fibre optic.
While Sosh plans do not include a physical phone, customers can include a phone option for an extra monthly fee (you may need to pay a cancellation fee to cover the cost of the phone if you add a phone to your plan and end the plan before paying for the phone).
- Here are the main Sosh plans features:
- Unlimited SMS to phones in France and the DOM
- Access to Orange free Wifi hotspots
- Extensive 4G coverage
- 50MB to 50GB of data depending on the plan, including some data to use abroad
- International calling options (e.g. unlimited calling to up to 52 international destinations, and/or unlimited calling to mobile phone numbers from Europe, USA, and Canada)
- Prices ranging from 4.99€ to 24.99€ per month
|Internet plan||Landline allowance||Mobile allowance||Data||
|High-speed ADSL (Sosh hub)||
Unlimited calls to landlines in France, the DOM and 100 countries
|2h of calls + unlimited SMS/MMS to mobiles in France, DOM and Europe||50MB in France, DOM and Europe||€24.98|
|Unlimited calls + SMS/MMS to mobiles in France, DOM and Europe||€29.98|
|20GB in France, DOM and Europe||€39.98|
|Unlimited calls + SMS/MMS to mobiles and landlines in France, DOM, Europe, USA and Canada||50GB in France, DOM and Europe||€44.98|
Signing up for an Orange Internet Plan
You can sign up for an Internet plan either online or by calling the Orange Customer Service at 3900.
Bear in mind that to sign up for an Internet plan with Orange, you will need to:
- Test your phone line to determine whether you are eligible to ADSL, fibre optic or both
- Prepare to provide the following: name, phone number, email address and full postal address
- Provide proof of address (known as a justificatif de domicile) in the form of a utility bill
- Provide your banking information - you must have a French bank account in order to sign up for an Internet plan.